Wellbeing Management Systems19-07-2016
Wellbeing Management Systems form the link between compliance requirements (i.e. HR & OHS Legislation) and positive workforce initiatives (i.e. Enterprise agreements, Staff opinion surveys, recruitment drives and reputational marketing).
Refer: Image 1: Wellbeing Management Systems
Wellbeing initiatives have grown strong popularity in recent times due to a number of factors such as:
- Greater recognition of mental health within ‘traditional’ Safety Management processes;
- Increased competition between employers to attract and retain high level functioning employees and specialists; and
- Studies and empirical evidence showing strong positive benefits between the provision of wellbeing initiatives and high production work forces.
Organisations on the frontier of this philosophy within the modern workplace boast many benefits for themselves, including:
- Reduced staff turnover;
- Stronger public image;
- Increased productivity; and
- Reduced insurance costs.
Their employees on the other hand have been shown to have a number of associated benefits, including:
- Improved morale;
- Greater job satisfaction;
- Improved health; and
- More confidence in the safety of their work environment.
- Identify initiatives currently offered;
- Risks and areas where Wellbeing may provide the greatest value; and
- Develop commitment from Senior Management.
Call our consultants to discuss your Wellbeing risks and requirements.